We understand Defense
No rugged computer manufacturer has more experience customizing solutions for the military than AMREL does. Period.
For 30 years, customized ROCKY rugged solutions have proven their worth on battlefields around the world. We understand the need for special requirements, end-user modification of specifications, low NRE, long-term support, and rock-hard reliability when operating in challenging environments.
Whether they are operating unmanned systems in Afghan mountains, controlling anti-mortar fire in Iraqi deserts, or patrolling the American coast in treacherous seas, warfighters know their ROCKY computers will not let them down.
- Reliable – Independently certified to MIL-STDs 810/461, AMREL mobile platforms have a 25+ year history of proven dependability. ROCKY computers have TRL of 9 ratings, which directly resulted from successful in-theater deployment.
- Customized COTS – Using limited resources, military devices must meet very specific requirements. AMREL delivers the economy and supply chain of COTS products, while performing modifications and customizations with low NRE, even for low-volume orders. We are the only rugged computer provider that extends manufacturer’s guarantee to customizations.
- Long-term support – AMREL supports its products for 5 to 7 years after end-of-life and have clients still using our computer for over 10 years.
On battlefields around the world, our Defense systems have been used for a variety of applications, including but not limited to:
- Biometrics – Our handheld, fully rugged, biometric solutions utilize “best-of breed” components for convenient, low-footprint, solutions.
- Control – We lead the market for Operator Control Units in Unmanned Ground Vehicles. Our patented interoperable Flexpedient® solutions have been fielded by the thousands in theater.
- Aircraft Testing – Customized 1553-compliant ROCKY tablets communicate directly to the aircraft.
- Critical Communications – On the ground or in the water, our mobile platforms deliver real-time situational awareness updates to warfighters.