ROCKY Fully Rugged Handhelds and PDAs
We put a world of possibilities in the palm of your hand
When it comes to rugged handhelds, AMREL gives you choices, not problems. We’ve customized our rugged PDA for biometrics, as well as push-to-talk maritime communications. AMREL’s DB6 ATOM-based handheld PC weighs only 1.5 pounds, while supporting a full Windows environment on a rugged handheld device. The DF6 has lets you select from 3 separate locations for antennas, and 3 separate locations for connectors.
Handhelds as tough as your job
For over 25 years, AMREL has supplied reliable handheld solutions for the most challenging environments in the world. Whether you’re a sailor on a stormy sea, a soldier standing guard in the desert, or a worker collecting data in a remote mountain, you know that you can count on your AMREL handheld. We make these AMREL handhelds to be as dependable as if someone’s life depends on it, because often they do.
Which handheld is right for you?
Once you have decided to get a handheld, there are several questions you should answer before purchasing:
1. Will my app/software work on it? Depending on the OS, this may be a serious problem. AMREL designs its computers to be open platform. Furthermore, our engineers have a great deal of experience with installing OS of choice on any of our units.
2. Does the handheld have the right connectors? AMREL customizes over 80% of the solutions it sells. Adding connectors is well within our core capabilities.
3. How much onboard processing do you need? If your handheld needs to carry a lot of data, and do its own processing, you may want to choose the Atom-powered DB6. If you rely on a network (fat server/thin client model), the lightweight fully rugged ARM-powered DF6 is for you.
4. Are your apps or OS cross-platform?If you are running the same program on tablets, laptops, desktops, as well as handhelds, you should consider the DB6. It the smallest fully rugged handheld in the world that can run full Windows.
5. Will configuration stability be a problem? If you plan on having your handheld for any length of time, or integrate it into a larger solution, you want your upgrades to be as easy as possible. AMREL makes a point of ensuring similar physical configuration across new models, so replacement is convenient and fast.
6. Does it meet minimal standards? Many companies aim for compliance with the MIL-STD 810, the military’s environmental standard, but AMEREL goes the extra mile. Depending on your needs, AMREL will supply you with a tablet that meets MIL-STD-1553 (Aviation), MIL-STD 461 (EMI), ARMY Night Vision, and MIL-STD-3009 (Aviation Night Vision).